Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Off We Go!

I was up at 4 AM this morning, in an effort to jump-start the time change. Our bags are packed, with a few loose articles strewn around the basement. Cecily has decided that sleeping isn't as fun as hanging out with her parents at night, and so things have been pretty exhausting for the last couple days. Already, we're thinking about the things that we take for granted here--like getting a cab or using our cell phones--and how we'll accomplish them in a tri-lingual city far from home.

Cecily is in charge of Spanish, Kate's got Dirija, and I'm going to handle French.
The last week has been a whirlwind of eating, goodbyes, eating, good friends, running, and lots of eating. On Sunday, Maddie and David and I ran the Seattle marathon, which was exhausting and fun.

David Taylor, me and Maddie, getting ready to cruise around Seattle by foot for the next four hours.
After all the turkey's been eaten, the miles have been run, and our goodbyes have been said, we are out the door for Morocco this morning. We invite you to follow our adventures. We can't promise that we'll be faithful bloggers, but we will share some stories of teaching and learning, as I serve a Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching in Tangier, Morocco. It's going to be an awesome ride!


Best wishes from Kate and I. If you have questions about our travels, please send us an email or comment on our blog!

3 comments:

  1. You go, little girl! Remember all the Spanish I taught you? Well, it will become handy.
    I am already missing seeing you! My love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage, Elliot, Kate, and Cecily! I am so glad that I can keep up with your adventures through your blog. It will make the cold Idaho winters feel warmer. :) We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love-love reading your blog...and quite a pad you three have there, WOW! -Mary

    ReplyDelete